Quick Jump to Section
Alfred Sidney Deyes is an English (British) YouTuber, vlogger and a book author. He was born on September 17, 1993 in Enfield, England. His current residence is in Brighton, East Sussex; where his parents moved when he was about four years old. In his teen years he enjoyed competitive gymnastics as a form of hobby.
After Varndean secondary school he attended Varndean College, but instead of staying at the college he took a year off the studies and went travelling. Later that same year, Deyes decided that he will not continue the college studies, but instead venture in the world of YouTube entertainment.
Since October 2012 he’s been in a romantic relationship with his colleague, YouTube content creator, Zoe Sugg, also known as Zoella. Alfie moved into a flat in London with his colleague Caspar Lee, but he eventually moved back to Brighton in the autumn of 2013.
Eventually, Deyes and his girlfriend Zoe moved into a house and bought a black pug dog, named Nala. In July 2015, the couple bought a much larger seven-room residence and renovated it, almost until 2017, when they decided to move in.
Deyes participated in a few charity events: he cooperated on the 2014 single „Do They Know It’s Christmas?“ as a part of the Band Aid 30 supergroup to raise funds for the Ebola virus epidemic in the regions of West Africa. Alfie was as well part of the „YouTube Boyband“, that raised funds for British charity organization Comic Relief.
His very first book, called The Pointless Book, was released on September 4, 2014. The book sold around 30,000 copies in 15 days, and it was even reviewed by The Guardian. Later on, Deyes published three more works of similar concept, making a Pointless Book series.
The very beginning of his first YouTube channel was in, now quite far, 2009. Since then, he managed to obtain a huge number of subscribers on three of his channels:
(following statistics are as of October 5, 2019)
- His main YouTube channel, simply named Alfie Deyes, currently at 5.08 million subs (account made on July 26, 2009; with 503,715,471 views)
- Ranking second is the Alfie Deyes Vlogs channel, with about 3.85 million
(account made on March 12, 2010; currently at astonishing 1,012,971,976 views)
- And the last one is at 1,71 milion subscribers, named PointlessBlogGames
(account made on May 31, 2013; now at 214,383,287 views)
Considering the number of subscribers and money he earns; his equipment could be better.
The following list contains all cameras known to be used by Alfie Deyes in his videos:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR
- Canon EOS 70D DSLR;
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Sound on all of his videos is recorder with the Rode VideoMicro Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shock Mount
Alfie Deyes is using the Manfrotto MKCOMPACTACN-BK tripod, the Manfrotto MTPIXI-B mini tripod and the JOBY GorillaPod 3K mini tripod.
In a few videos we can see that he used drones for recording scenes. Drone he uses is DJI Mavic Pro.
Alfie uses Apple MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop.
All of his virtual material is being edited with Final Cut Pro X.
In a few videos we can see that Alfie uses Boosted Dual+ 2000W electric skateboard.
Income and Net Worth
Estimated numbers that we have found at Socialblade.com are:
1. Alfie Deyes channel:
- Last 30 days: estimated range is quite wide, they say it’s $100 – $1600
- Yearly average: $1.200 – $19.200
Our estimate for income from this channels is as follows:
- Last 30 days: $4000
- Yearly average: $48.000
2. Alfie Deyes Vlogs:
According to socialblade:
- Last 30 days: $447 – $7200
- Yearly average: $5400$ – $85800
- Last 30 days: about $1800
- Yearly average: about $21500
Social Media Accounts
Listed below are all of Alfies official social media accounts that we could find:
- YouTube: Alfie @ YouTube
- YouTube Vlog: Alfie @ YouTube
- Twitter: Alfie @ Twitter
- Facebook: Alfie @ Facebook
- Instagram: Alfie @ Instagram
- Interview with The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/feb/02/business-alfie-deyes-still-be-youtuber-when-im-40-zoella
- Interview with Bussines Insider: https://www.businessinsider.com/youtuber-alfie-deyes-interview-2017-12